Mmmm…pumpkin bread. It’s one of my favorite fall recipes. Nothing beats a thick slice of warm pumpkin bread slathered with butter. Oh boy, I’m drooling just thinking about it!
Because Friday was officially the first day of fall, I thought I would celebrate over the weekend with a couple loaves of my most-loved seasonal treat. We stopped by the grocery store on Saturday to pick up some pumpkin puree and butter. At the checkout, the cashier asked me what I was making. I told her and she smiled, “ooh, I love this time of year,” she sighed. It seems I’m not the only excited for fall.
Simple Pumpkin Bread Recipe
I have been making this recipe for years. I usually make a double batch because it disappears so quickly! Even my husband, whose generally not a pumpkin fan, loves this pumpkin bread recipe. It’s flavorful, moist and simply delicious.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8.5" x 4" loaf pans
- Mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and the sugar. Mix in the eggs and then pumpkin.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Buy Butter and Help Those In Need
Not just butter, actually, but any diary products featuring the Real California Milk Seal. What is the Real California Milk seal you ask? Well, let me tell you. We all strive to feed our families the best food possible, but sometimes it can be hard to tell which food products are truly wholesome and nutritious. That is what the seal is for. The Real California Milk seal tells us that the diary products we are bringing home to our families contain quality milk from California diary farms.
Spot the Seal and Help Those In Need
Diary is an important part of our diet. For many children and families in need, however, staples like milk can be hard to come by. That is why Real California Milk is launching the Spot the Seal campaign. From now until December 31, Real California Milk will donate $5 to the Great American Milk Drive (up to $20k) every time someone shares a photo of the Real California Milk seal on social media. Since 2014, The Great American Milk Drive, in partnership with Feeding America, has delivered more than 1 million gallons of milk to food banks across the country! Donations raised during the Spot the Seal campaign will go help families affected by hurricanes Harvey and Irma in Texas and Florida.
So the next time you are at the grocery store, look for the Real California Milk seal in the diary aisle. Then come home, make this delicious pumpkin bread, slather on a generous portion of butter and enjoy with your family!
Don’t forget to snap a pic of the Real California Milk seal and share on social media with the hashtag #SealsforGood to help those affected by the hurricanes.
Latest posts by Rebekah (see all)
- 14 Guaranteed Ways to Make $100 a Day - April 21, 2018
- The Top 40 Frugal Living Ideas to Try Today - April 13, 2018
- How to Start a Successful WordPress Blog: Ultimate Step by Step Guide - March 20, 2018