Having dinner as a family is so important. Coming together to enjoy a delicious meal and talk about the events of the day is a meaningful family moment. But it’s also a hard moment to create. I have mentioned many times how I struggle to cook during the week. By the time I get off work and pick up Ella from preschool, I am beyond exhausted. The last thing I want to do is make dinner.
The past few months, though, I have really been trying to be more intentional with creating a family dinner. We are so busy, my family needs this time to connect (also Ella can’t eat macaroni for EVERY stinkin’ meal). I have found, the key to cooking at home is to have a solid meal plan filled with recipes that can either be created in advance or very quickly. Today, I am excited to share one of my family’s favorite dinners.
Simple Lasagna Recipe
I love this simple lasagna recipe because it’s warm and delicious plus it can be made over the weekend and then baked when you are ready to eat! The trick to making this lasagna extra yummy is to use high-quality ingredients. For this recipe, I use my favorite pasta sauce and the amazing 3-Cheese Blend from Stella Cheese.
Stella has been making cheese since 1923 and they have absolutely perfected the process. Their cheese adds so much flavor to this simple lasagna recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cups 3-Cheese Italian Blend from Stella Cheese
- 1 egg
- Oven ready lasagna noodles
- splash of red wine
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet. Saute until onions are translucent.
- While the meat is cooking, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the 3-Cheese Blend and egg in a separate bowl.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in a jar of pasta sauce and a splash of red wine. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish and place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Pour half of the remaining sauce on top of the cheese.
- Add another layer of noodles, cheese and sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of the 3-Cheese Blend on top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove foil, and cook for 10 more minutes.
Like I mentioned above, this recipe can be made up to 4 days in advance. After preparing the lasagna, just cover with foil and place in the refrigerator. When you get home from work, simply preheat the oven to 375 and bake for 45 minutes. It’s that easy!
Talk to Me:
Do you struggle to get dinner on the table during the week? What’s your favorite weeknight recipe?
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!
Latest posts by Rebekah (see all)
- Flight of the Bumblebee: Abstract Art Project for Kids - January 20, 2018
- 10 Insanely Fun Crafts Your Kids Need To Make Now - January 15, 2018
- 10 Crazy Good Valentine’s Day Treats - January 13, 2018