Last weekend, I officially welcomed fall with homemade Pumpkin Spice Soap. It was my first pumpkin indulgence of the season; I can’t believe I waited three weeks! Now I am making up for lost time with another pumpkin flavored favorite – pumpkin spice doughnuts!
These doughnuts are as easy as they are delicious. They’re perfect for those times you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to spend a lot of time and energy. The batter is made from only two ingredients and, including cooking time, these yummy baked doughnuts are ready in under 15 minutes!
Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Recipe
The hardest part of any baked doughnut recipe was always getting the batter into the doughnut pan. Not anymore! I recently came across an easy baking hack that changed the way I make doughnuts.
Pro-Tip: For mess-free and perfectly formed doughnuts, spoon batter into a slider bag, cut off the tip and squeeze the batter into a greased doughnut pan. This easy hack makes this super simple recipe even better!
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the pumpkin puree and the dry cake mix.
- Spoon batter into a quart size Hefty Slider bag and then zip the bag closed.
- Cut the tip off one corner of the slider bag and squeeze the batter into a greased doughnut pan.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until an inserted fork comes out clean.
- While the doughnuts are baking, heat 1/4 cup of milk and slowly stir in 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Once the doughnuts are finished baking, allow to cool completely and then drizzle the glaze on top.
This recipe makes 12 doughnuts. I like to bake a few batches at a time and then freeze the leftovers. When a doughnut craving hits, I just set out a bag for a few hours and then top the doughnuts with warm glaze. They taste freshly baked!
I hope your family enjoys this Pumpkin Spice Doughnut recipe as much as mine!
Tip: Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!