Sometimes a recipe is a little too good. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes we bake something that is so indulgent, so delicious, that it is impossible to stop ourselves (or our families) from eating it all! These oatmeal raspberry breakfast bars are like that. Made with oats, brown sugar, coconut oil, and raspberry preserves, these snack bars are simply irresistible.
I remember the first time my husband tried them. He took one bite, made a sound of pure joy and then took the whole platter over to his desk. My daughter is the same way. As I was baking and photographing the bars for this post, Ella stood next to me the entire just waiting to get her little hands on one of these scrumptious treats. As you can see in the photo below, she’s not very good at waiting 🙂
Even though they are always gone in jiffy, I love baking these raspberry oatmeal bars. They are super easy, absolutely delicious and make the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Print or save the recipe below and give them a try! I know your family will love them just as much as mine.
Oatmeal Raspberry Breakfast Bars Recipe
- old fashioned oats - 1 cup
- flour - 3/4 cup
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- coconut oil - 6 Tbs.
- raspberry preserves - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and coconut oil.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the oats and sugar mixture.
- Spread the rest of the oat mixture evenly over the bottom of the lined baking pan.
- Using hands, pat oat mixture until it is flat and firmly packed.
- Spread the raspberry preserves evenly on top of the oat mixture.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture on top of the preserves and gently pat down.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the oats on top are lightly browned.