My husband teases me about my pumpkin fanaticism. From cookies and pies to candles and body lotions, I adore all things pumpkin. Years ago, when Starbucks introduced their Pumpkin Spice Latte, I was totally in love. Yet, even as the PSL became more and more popular, I began to have my doubts. It’s hard to justify spending so much on coffee plus that little latte is packed with sugar.
I turned to my kitchen in search of a cheaper and healthier alternative, and I think I found it! Let me introduce the Maple Pumpkin Latte. I absolutely love the addition of maple – it pairs so beautifully with the creamy pumpkin. It’s not as sweet as the coffee shop variety, but the flavors are simply delicious. Give it a try and let me know which version you prefer!
Maple Pumpkin Latte Recipe
Ingredients (enough for 2 generously sized mugs)
- 2 tbs pumpkin puree
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- strongly brewed coffee
- cinnamon and nutmeg for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat the pumpkin until warm.
- Mix in the maple syrup and stir until bubbles begin to form.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Stirring occasionally, heat until warm but not boiling.
- Using either an immersion blender or standard blender, blend the mixture until frothy.
- Fill two mugs a quarter full with strongly brewed coffee.
- Pour the milk mixture over coffee and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Enjoy your homemade Maple Pumpkin Latte!
Tip: Pin the image below to save this recipe for later.