Some kids like chocolate ice cream, others vanilla or strawberry. For me, it was butter pecan. I remember, as a child, going to the neighborhood Baskin Robbins after an orchestra concert or other special event. I would stand at the counter looking out across all 31 flavors as if today might be the day I’d try something different. It never was. Butter Pecan, with it’s rich flavor and crunchy nuts, was all I ever wanted.
Fast forward 20 years…
My childhood dreams came true! Last week, my husband and I finally got ourselves an ice cream maker. Of course I knew the first flavor I wanted to make. So I hopped on the computer, clicked on my Pinterest bookmark, and quickly found this amazing recipe for Browned-Butter Pecan Ice Cream. With that as my inspiration, I took to the kitchen and came up with an incredible (if I do say so myself) Maple Pecan Ice Cream. Between the maple syrup and pecans toasted with butter and salt, this is a truly decadent dessert.
Maple Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- chopped pecans
1. Simmer heavy cream, milk, maple syrup, sugar and salt in a pan until sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. Stirring constantly, slowly add a third of the hot cream into the yolks.
3. Whisk the tempered yolks back into the pot with the remaining cream.
4. On medium-low heat, continue cooking the cream mixture until it begins to thicken.
5. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Place in the freezer for an hour.
6. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 to toast the pecans.
7. On a foil lined cookie sheet, toss the pecans with butter and a pinch of salt.
8. Bake for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through.
9. Add the chopped pecans to the chilled cream and then pour mixture into the ice cream maker.
10. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or place in the freezer.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
More Pinterest Remakes
For more fun Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Healthy Banana Coffee Frozen Frappe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Ranch Baked Zucchini Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Summer Drink Recipe for Kids from Our Family World
- Mexican Tortellini Salad from Better in Bulk
- Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad from Mom Always Finds Out
- Baked Mini Coffee Doughnuts with Cocoa Glaze from Sweep Tight
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub from Upstate Ramblings
- Maple Pecan Ice Cream from LW Vogue
- Fresh Summer Melon Smoothie from How Was Your Day?
- Floating Pool Noodle Toy Bin from Homemaking Hacks