Note: This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
At some point, almost every blogger wants to learn how to make money blogging. The truth is, while blogging is incredibly fun and rewarding, there is no getting around the fact that it’s a lot of work. Sooner or later, most of us are going to want to be compensated for all of that effort.
Many resources recommend you wait to apply to blogger networks until you have great page view and follower numbers. For some networks, this is absolutely true with many requiring 20,000 to 100,000 to be accepted. I firmly believe, however, that if you are creating strong content on a regular basis then you should be profiting from your hard work.
I have been blogging for almost 10 years now. What started out as a simple hobby has become a true passion and something I look forward to doing everyday. Even though my blog is small in many respects, through recommendations, research and plain trial and error, I earn a nice income from my blog. For me, my most consistent earnings come from blogging for brands.
Blogging for brands is a great way for beginners to make money blogging. The easiest way to find brands that collaborate with bloggers is to sign up with an influencer marketing agency. They make working with brands an easy and straightforward process.
They following 5 agencies are my favorite to work with:
Make Money Blogging for Beginners: Blogging For Brands
For sponsored posts, no network pays me better then Linqia. It’s different then many other blogger networks in that it offers payment on a “per-click basis.” This means for every click you get, you earn a certain amount of money. For your first campaign, Linqia assigns you a click goal based on your reach. If you overachieve your goal, your potential payout for future campaigns is increased. The median payout for campaigns is $220.
In my case, my first goal was to get 103 clicks. Since I easily surpassed my click goal, for my next campaign, my goal was increased to 137. Because I am paid per click, my earnings increased with my second campaign as well.
Requirements to be Accepted:
- Own a community, such as a blog, Tumblr, YouTube or Facebook page
- Have 2,500+ unique monthly visitors to your community
- Post at least once a month
- Have an engaged following
- Have an RSS feed
- Audience primarily based in United States and Canada
- Write primarily about Lifestyle (Men’s or Women’s), Fashion, Beauty, Weddings, Pets, Parenting, Home or Garden
Clever Girls Collective
This is another amazing blogging network that I have gotten quite a bit of work with. The minimum payment for posts is usually $125 and goes up from there. They are easy to work with and expectations and instructions are very clear.
Requirements to Join:
- Post only original content
- Devote 50% or more to original (non-sponsored and non-brand-related) content
- Post regularly: approximately once/week. Receive (roughly) a minimum of 10,000 Monthly Impressions
- Show evidence of readership engagement (comments, active Twitter and Facebook accounts, etc.)
- Have been blogging longer than 6 months
- Have both a Twitter and Facebook account through which you can amplify blog posts
For the full list of requirements and to apply, click here.
I love SoFab! They offer many campaigns, or “shoppertunities,” with a wide variety of brands. Standard pay is $125 – $175 per post plus a stipend to buy the product(s).
Another amazing benefits of this network is the SoFab University. Here they offer free blogging courses on everything a blogger needs to know. I especially love the photography courses.
I have been with this network for several years now, and I can’t recommend them enough!
Requirements to Join
- Currently reside in the US, Canada, or the UK
- Professional behavior with regard to accountability and performance
- Regularly post sponsored and non-sponsored content that includes storytelling, original photos, and personal experiences
- Weave brand promotions into stories that show how the product(s) fit into everyday life
- Utilize proper spelling and grammatical structure
- If applying for blog opportunities, should have an easy to navigate, visually appealing blog and should engage followers on social platforms outside the blog
Izea is another type of network. After logging into the platform. you’ll find tweets and blog posts that you can bid on. If your bid is accepted, then you create either a tweet or blog post and are paid your agreed upon fee. I mostly do sponsored tweets with this platform and consistently make between $4 to $6 per tweet which is pretty good for a couple minutes of work.
Many smaller bloggers complain about not making much money with Adsense. Because the minimum payout is $100, many give up before ever receiving their earnings. I was in the same boat, making pennies a day, until I read the post from Simply Stacie, How to Increase Your AdSense Earnings. This great article shows you where to place your ads for maximum revenue. Since implementing her techniques, I have seen a huge jump in my earnings.
I love Adsense because, after setup, it’s a completely passive way to earn money.
Ps. I am not currently running Adsense because they were having some redirect issues. As soon as that is resolved, I will be reactivating my ads.
More Ways to Make Money Blogging
Looking for more way to earn with your blog? Check out these huge lists of Paid Blogging Opportunities from some of my favorite bloggers. They are amazing resources and offer literally hundreds of ways to make money blogging.
- Make Money Blogging: How to Get Hired By Brands by LW Vogue
- 99+ Ways to Find Paid Blogging Opportunities from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- 270 + Places to Make Money Blogging from Yum Eating
- Places You Can Make Money Blogging from Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog
I truly hope this article helped you learn how to make money blogging. Remember, if you are consistently creating high quality content, you should be compensated for your time no matter if you have a newer or small blog. It’s all about finding a monetization plan that works for you and sticking with it.
If you have any questions about the above resources or anything else blog related, I am happy to help. Leave a comment below or email me at lwvogue at gmail dot com.