This Valentine’s Day, craft something special!
February 14th – that special day to show friends and family how much they mean to you. Valentine’s Day should be fun, but sometimes finding a gift that expresses your love and appreciation can be a little daunting.
A beautiful, handmade gift is always a great option. These yummy, caramel latte candles are simple to make and easily customizable. Choose a container that holds special meaning (anything non-flammable will work) and your handmade candle is sure to win the heart of your Valentine!
Make Your Own Coffee Candle
What You’ll Need
- Valentine’s Day Cups or Dishes
- Soy Wax
- Caramel Latte Candle Fragrance (or whatever coffee fragrance you prefer)
- Glue the metal base of the wick to the bottom of your cup or jar.
- Wrap the excess wick around a pencil and set on top of your container.
- Using a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pot of boiling water, melt the soy wax chips completely.
- Mix in fragrance. For a lightly scented candle, use .5 ounces for 1 pound of wax.
- Pour wax into candle jars.
- Let wax set for 24 hours.
- Trim wicks to 1/4 inch.
Now your candle is ready to become the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Or you could just keep it for yourself!
For more DIY Valentine’s Day gift ideas, visit my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board.