The grapefruits are in! It’s been almost 6 months since we moved to Arizona, and our first crop from the gorgeous grapefruit tree in the backyard is finally ready for harvest. Ella loves going out and picking her own fruit right from the tree and I do too! It’s been fun coming up with all sorts of grapefruit-infused dishes and treats with our plentiful supply.
This yogurt bread is very similar to my Orange Vanilla Yogurt Bread recipe, but swaps out oranges for grapefruits. This simple change makes this recipe absolutely amazing. Thanks to the Greek yogurt and grapefruit zest, the bread is incredibly moist and flavorful. And to top it off…
A grapefruit glaze! This glaze is out-of-this-world delicious! Sweet and sour at the same time, it turns this already tasty bread into an extra special treat. The recipe below is super simple, and can be made in less then an hour.
Grapefruit Yogurt Bread Recipe
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp grapefruit zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBS fresh grapefruit juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour one 8.5 by 4.25 by 2.5-inch loaf pan.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, grapefruit zest and vanilla.
5. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Add the vegetable oil and stir gently until it becomes fully incorporated.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and grapefruit juice together.
10. Place cake on a baking rack, and drizzle with the glaze.
Slice and enjoy!