In the past few weeks, combating my chronically chapped lips had become a full-time job. I had a whole arsenal of lip treatments including a chapstick in every coat pocket, purse, diaper bag I own. Even with all that, it was a constant battle to keep my painfully dry lips hydrated.
That is until I discovered this little secret…
The key to getting rid of dry, chapped lips is to first exfoliate and then apply moisture.
While there are many options for exfoliating lips scrubs available for purchase, making your own is incredibly easy. Bonus – this recipe uses all natural ingredients and tastes great!
DIY Lip Scrub Recipe
What you’ll need:
- Small containers (niceEshop 50 Pieces Travel Cosmetic Sample Containers 5 Gram Plastic Pot Jars)
- Coconut Oil (Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 Ounce)
- Vanilla Extract
- Mix equal parts sugar and coconut oil.
- Add in a few drops of vanilla extract at a time until you reach desired concentration.
- Spoon mixture into containers, pat down.
I have been using this scrub every other day for a week now, and my lips appear noticeably healthier. My favorite part? I am not reaching for the lip balm every other minute!
Makes a Great Valentine’s Day Gift
I am planning on mixing up a batch of lip scrubs for Valentines day gifts. This past weekend, I put together a couple samples, and I love how they turned out! I wrapped the jars in tulle and tied them with a red and white polka dotted ribbon. They are so adorable, and will make a perfect Valentine’s Day beauty treat!
Do struggle with constantly dry, chapped lips as well? Have you ever tried a lip scrub?