Learn how to DIY cute notebooks for school in less than 5 minutes with this super easy tutorial!
When I was a kid, I loved back to school shopping. Getting excited about the new school year by carefully choosing the cutest school supplies and back to school clothes. I would scour the shelves to find the most unique notebooks, pencils, and binder covers. Finding school supplies that none of my friends had was my ultimate goal. After shopping, I would lay everything out on my bedroom floor and organize it all just right. It was my yearly tradition.
One of my favorite ways to make sure my school supplies were extra special was to make them myself with simple projects like these DIY notebook covers. Cute DIY notebook covers are such a fun and easy way to personalize your notebooks for school. You’ve got to try this!
Cute DIY Notebooks for School
While you are out back to school shopping, make sure to pick up a couple plain notebooks and try this super fun DIY notebook cover tutorial! Learn how to easily make your own cute notebooks for school. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll have the coolest notebooks in school!
Here’s What You Will Need:
- plain notebooks
- wrapping paper
- glue stick
- Embellishments – stickers, gems, etc to decorate your notebook
How It’s Done:
1. Place an open notebook on top of the white side of the wrapping paper and trace around the outer edge.
2. Use a ruler to draw a line 1.5 inches bigger than the notebook.
3. Thickly coat the outside of the notebook with glue. Carefully place the notebook onto the blank side of the wrapping paper, gently smoothing wrinkles as you go.
4. Cut along the corner lines to create notches. This will give your notebook crisp edges when the paper is glued down.
5. Cut the wrapping paper straight down toward the spine of the notebook. Use the glue stick to glue down the edges on one side of the notebook. Repeat on the other side.
To personalize your DIY notebook cover even further, add stickers, text and other embellishments!
I have been making these DIY notebook covers for years and I just love them! You can really get creative and personalize them to your unique taste. They are a fun way to head back to school in style!
Try making these cute notebooks for school and let me know how it goes in the comments below or share a picture on Facebook. I would love to see what you come up with!
Like This Post?
Pin it for later! Tap any of the photos in this post and then click the red save button to save this post to Pinterest. It’s super easy!