As I’ve mentioned here before, I have a simple philosophy when it comes to desserts. If it’s not chocolate, it’s not worth it, sums up very nicely how I feel when it comes to after dinner indulgences. These decadent, dark chocolate truffles are perfect. They are so rich, you only need one to be completely satisfied.
I went with a Valentine’s theme for this batch of truffles rolling them in festive pink, white and red sprinkles. I LOVE coconut, as does my family, so I made a few coconut coated varieties as well.
Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Topping of your choice (above I used shredded coconut, and small candy balls)
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- While the cream is heating, microwave the chocolate until it is just starting to melt.
- Pour in the boiling heavy cream.
- Stir until chocolate is creamy.
- Spoon balls of chocolate (they will spread) onto parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Working quickly, remove chocolate and roll into balls.
- Coat with your choice of topping and return to fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Talk to Me: What toppings would you add to your truffles?