I struggle to make dinner on weeknights – like REALLY struggle. I teach 500 kids each week, and it is exhausting. At the end of the day, I can barely think much less decide on and then cook a healthy meal for my family.
Our house is conveniently located next to several fast-food restaurants. It is so convenient to drive through and pick something up, but it’s also expensive (and unhealthy), and I have come to rely on it far too much. I am trying to do better, though, by being more intentional with meal planning and cooking at home – especially when it comes to dinner.
I have added several recipes to my weeknight dinner stash, but this Shrimp Alfredo recipe is my favorite. I love it because it’s super delicious (my family gobbles it up!) and really simple to make. Pair it with some French bread and a salad, and you have yourself a yummy homemade meal in no time at all!
Simple Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- 1 cup thawed shrimp
- 1 package linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/3 C + 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 leaf fresh basil
- Saute the shrimp in 1 tbs butter. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine, drain water, mix in a splash of olive oil (to keep noodles from sticking). Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, saute minced garlic in butter.
- Pour in heavy cream (reserving 1/2 Tbsp) and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Add Parmesan cheese to the sauce pan and heat until all cheese is melted.
- In a separate dish, mix together the remaining 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream and flour.
- Add flour mixture to sauce and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over noodles. Add shrimp and fresh basil. Serve!
This Shrimp Alfredo recipe meets my three weeknight recipe requirements; it’s yummy, easy to make, and everyone loves it! That is a weeknight win right there!
I would love to know your family’s favorite weeknight recipe. I need to steal some more ideas 🙂 Let me know in the comments below!
Tip: Pin this image to save this recipe for later. You are going to want to make this!
Latest posts by Rebekah (see all)
- 14 Guaranteed Ways to Make $100 a Day - April 21, 2018
- The Top 40 Frugal Living Ideas to Try Today - April 13, 2018
- How to Start a Successful WordPress Blog: Ultimate Step by Step Guide - March 20, 2018