For the past few years, pumpkin has become a dominating, fall-time obsession. Everything from coffee to chocolates, and even dog biscuits are flavored with this festive gourd. While I admit, I do love a good pumpkin latte, there is another fall flavor I love even more. Apples! Whether they’re candied, baked or made into cider, apples are the perfect fall treat.
In just a couple of days, September will be here. So to celebrate the beginning of this fun season, I created a yummy apple and cream cheese bread. Made with homemade applesauce and a delicious cream cheese filling, this recipe is sure to be a family favorite!
Apple and Cream Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Blend butter and brown sugar. When mixture is smooth, then stir in the eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine the dry ingredients with butter mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared pan and then spread the cream cheese on top. Pour the remaining bread batter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
What is your favorite fall flavor?